If you have automatic debits taken from your bank account to pay for insurance, cable TV, taxes, fuel, or mortgage, then you understand the PAR principle. It means regular contributions throughout the year.
Many people use the PAR system for their church offering, finding it a convenient way to take care of their regular commitments to the church month by month. You can participate in this program. Your account will be debited on or about the 20th of the month and your congregation’s account credited with the amount payable from all members who participate. There is a small administrative fee to the church for each cheque processed.
How to get involved:
- Decide the amount of your monthly offering.
- Fill in the Authorization Card and attach a sample cheque from your account marked “Sample” or “Void”.
- Give both to your church treasurer, designated officer, or place both on the offering plate.
Advantages to the contributor:
- Regular support of your church in the amount that you choose
- Continual support of your home church when you are away
- Avoidance of “catch-up” periods