We take our motto:
“A church with a heart in the heart of the city”
seriously and encourage our members to participate in community service:
Each May, volunteers from our congregation deliver meals through Meals on Wheels
- Members help at Helping Hands Food Kitchen on a regular basis.
- Items are collected for the women’s shelter
- A food elevator is filled with member’s donations for the Samaritan House Ministries food bank
- Each Christmas, 50 hampers are prepared and delivered with names received from the Christmas Cheer Registry, as well as hampers filled by individual families.
- Prayer shawls are made by our members for the ministers to deliver to shut-ins.
Because of our central location in the city, many groups have made this their meeting place. Some are:
- Gamblers’ Anonymous
- Community Support Services for Mental Health
- Westman Immigrant Services
- Girl Guides
- The Compassionate Friends
- The Women’s Resource Centre
- Brockie Donovan Funeral Home’s Tree of Memories
- Sons and Daughters Worship Services
- Mood Disorders
- PRHA Healthy Baby Program
We also respond to meet various needs within the community and within the United Church of Canada.