The Leadership Team would like the congregation to know a few things as we move into the summer months.
- Approval – The Prairie to Pine Regional Council has approved the appointment of Rev. Doug Craig to a 12- month contract, from July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022, at 20 hours a week. Rev. Milo Spooner Craig has been appointed to an 11-month contract, from August 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022, at 20 hours a week.
- Weekly services – We will be providing newly recorded services for the month of July and likely into August. These services will be recorded and be made available on YouTube, in your Inbox if you are signed up, and on WGCTV.
- In -person – When will we return to in-person worship? We will return to in-person worship once the numbers of 100 people are allowed indoors. We are in hopeful anticipation September will find us fully vaccinated and ready to gather in the sanctuary again.
- Good News – Central United Church has received the Building Sustainable Communities Grant in the amount of $23,921.00. This grant proposal was put together by Dianne McAuley, Harvey Douglas and Kim Lewarne. We are very grateful to these Central folks who worked on this grant proposal and made this good news happen! This grant will help to offset the $43, 962.02 that was paid for the new HVAC unit. We are truly grateful.
- Archives– Last summer when the church basement was destroyed by sewerage, a fast-acting crew brought up all the treasures from the basement Archive room. For months they were piled in the back room of the kitchen waiting to be dealt with. Many, many, hours were spent by Marg Cullen and Judy Seafoot going through the documents and pictures. The final result of all of their hard work is 9 boxes of material that will be taken to the United Church of Canada Archives in Winnipeg. Other documents and pictures were returned to the Archive room, in the basement. We can’t thank them enough for this important piece of work.
Support – We are very thankful for those who support the church through PAR, through monthly envelope giving, through PayPal. In whatever way you offer your support, we are grateful for your offerings. It has been a very difficult 18 months. Enjoy your summer.
Welcome to our Central United Church website
We are located in Brandon Manitoba and are situated in the downtown area of the city. The doors are open to anyone wanting to meet their spiritual needs. Our goal is to make everyone feel welcome. Living by our motto “A church with a heart in the heart of the city”.
We have an audience of 724 households, and our sanctuary accommodates approximately 850, with our auditorium seating about 250. Central United was established in 1969 with the union of St. Paul’s United, Kemnay United, and First Church United. The Gospel has been proclaimed at the present location since 1881.